Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Glossy box - May 2013

I got my May Glossy box last week and this is a "celebration" box to mark their one year anniversary (in the US). To celebrate, they included one full-sized product from their headquarters in NYC.
I have to be honest the whole trill of glossy box is wearing off for me. I used to love finding out what products I was going to receive and try out. However, lately, it is been kinda lackluster and blah.

This month's box included:

  • Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray
  • AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact
  • European Wax Center -The Exfoliate and Slow it Body Wash
  • My Prime - Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer
  • Etre Belle - Collageb and Aloe Vera Hydro Mask
  • Nicka K New York - Absolute! Perfume Stick

The Goods



Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray

I was a little upset about these super tiny samples. I doubt I can wash my whole body with this tiny body wash sample.

This Primer makes me happy; it has intense hydration and superior anti aging benefits with a Matte finish! An oily girls dream come true. Can wait to try this one?

These masks that are real masks feel so weird to me (I feel like Hannibal Lecter) but, this one sounds interesting. I think I will save this for the winter months when my skin is on the drier side.

This is the item from New York. The Nicka K New York Absolute Perfume stick. I am not a stick perfume girl but, this smells pretty yummy. This is full size - $14.99.

I was both excited and disappointed with this Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact. I have heard so many good things about this compact and was so happy to see it in my box. This is a multi-tasker; it  has powerful broad spectrum SPF, deep hydration and complete coverage. It is a cool sponge inside and I mean cool temperature wise so, it is perfect for hot day touch ups. However, glossy decided to send it to me in the lightest color available it is like a cruel joke. This is like the third time they has teased me like this. I really want to send them a letter with my picture and say "Stop playing, I am chocolate" I mean on my profile I listed DEEP and skin tone.
Overall, I am not too happy with this box it has some good stuff and some bad. I really wish glossy would just let you pick your color in certain items like nail polish and make up so, that you can actually use your goodies. Also, if they would let you omit certain items like hair spray (seriously Glossy please no more hair spray!) and blush. 

What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. Hey Tia
    I do not receive the glossy box but I totally agree. I just received a polish color for testing and it isn't a color that I would wear. If we could select the colors, that would be to their advantage because we would actually be able to use the products.
    I think you should send a letter, they may send you the appropriate shade!
    PJD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PJD,

      I am going send them an email! I actually started to draft one already. Now that they have some competition maybe they will listen to their customers!!

      Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...