Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Skin Care Tip #122

One of the most important tips I could ever give anyone is to wear Sunblock. I cringe when I hear someone say they do not wear sunblock. I have been wearing sunblock since I was 16years old. I started with Oil of Olay (back then that was their name, now they are just Olay). Having oily skin as I do, it was a challenge to find a sunblock that does not make me look like I was just swimming in an oil spill. I prefer to only use a sunblock that has protection for both UVA and UVB rays. To help keep it straight just remember like this UVA the "A" stands for aging and UVB the "B" stands for burning so, you want protection from both.

My dermatologist advised me to wear at least a SPF30 every day and SPF50 if I plan to be outside most of the day. Make sure you use enough sunblock as well. The recommended amount is about one ounce which is about a shot glass. If you use less then you are not protected. Also, as a general rule you should reapply every two hours.

Cera Ve' is my favorite:


Available at any drugstore for around $11. My skin loves this stuff however, keep in mind everyone's skin reacts different to products so you have to find the best for your skin type.  

Tia
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love it ^^. I use this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my third day of it...trying to see how my acne prone skin reacts to it. I hope it does work though cause while I've been using oil of olay myself since teen years and never had a problem with it, this one you recommended does offer higher SPF. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have extremely dry skin and I'm actually on my second day. So far so good. Considering the difference in our skin types, I find this product very moisturing. LOL. I thought it was still named Oil of Olay. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy that I ran across this at the store this evening after seeing this product on your blog earlier today. I don't know why I got so excited when I saw it lol. I bought it and I hope it improves my skin.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...